Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Going away

I get a weekend away! I received an invitation to join some friends overnight in a small town about two hours away from where we live, and I am so excited. The gasoline will be expensive, but they have enough people that we're only paying $10-15 for the cabin where we will be staying. I'm slightly anxious about my husband and my daughter managing while I'm away (I'm sure they'll survive, I just want them to have an enjoyable weekend too) because it will be my first time to be gone overnight since she was born. The other drawback is that we have to postpone my Mother's Day breakfast out, but we can go eat out any weekend. It's not every day that you get the opportunity to take a mini vacation for $10.

The town is full of neat little shops that I am itching to explore, and the "cabin" has a hot tub. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Holly said...

That is so wonderful! I hope you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I think that's fantastic. I'm glad you get to go. And I miss you and can't wait to see you soon. xoxo - Mollypops