Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've got my first bird in the oven, the pies on the cooling rack and the sweet potatoes are in the fridge, waiting to be heated up while the gravy is being made at the last minute. We have so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the safe arrival of my daughter into the world. I am thankful that we have a reliable car, a roof over our heads, enough money to run the heaters and buy whatever food we feel like eating that day. I am thankful that my father is able to be here for the first Thanksgiving dinner I've cooked. I am thankful for all of our wonderful family and friends and all of the support they have given us. I am thankful for my mother, who worked harder and gave more than I ever knew until I had my own child. I am thankful for my husband who helps me anytime I need it, who works so that I can stay home, and who is the perfect match for me. I am thankful that we have a beautiful, healthy daughter. I am thankful that I was raised in a Christian home and I am thankful for my God and His forgiveness.

We are blessed.

No comments: