Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back in the saddle again

I made purpley goodness socks! I love love love these socks but I think I'm going to have to give them away for Christmas. I have someone in mind, but I'm nervous about whether or not she'll appreciate socks as a gift. Especially as an only gift, because the cost of the yarn is what we have agreed on as our gift budget limit.

Anyway, these are the Madder Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. The yarn is Violets by Sunshine Yarns. It's the old non-superwash yarn that she doesn't sell anymore, but I loved knitting with it; it feels great. I just ordered some Twilight - in the superwash - and am anxious to see how that yarn feels.

Speaking of Knitting Vintage Socks, I love that book and think it is worth every penny. I like all but about two of the designs and I think that I will (slowly) knit my way through the book. But not in order, because I would get bored that way.

No comments: