Sunday, September 17, 2006

What I did last night.

Before: a sad, sad sweater that was about a foot too wide in the body, about two inches too narrow in the arms, and puckery where I had tried out my first color patterns.
After about 15 minutes:

A second example: a baby shirt that, though knit of the softest alpaca, was way off gauge and ended up too wide and with too small a neck.
After about 30 minutes (you know you've become a better knitter when you are ripping something and think "how in the world did I manage that?):
In a way, it's almost like having new yarn. I really am looking forward to re-knitting the sweater (ironically, I was "blindly following" Elizabeth Zimmermann), but I'm not sure if I'll re-knit the baby shirt or do something different. If only I could knit as fast as I can rip....

No comments: