Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Works-in-progress Wednesday

I got the idea for posting my current projects every Wednesday from Alianne. We'll see how long I keep it up. You can click on the pictures to make them larger.

First up, the Little Child's Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks:
The yarn is really not purple; it's a dark berry pink. I am planning for these socks to be mine. It's an enjoyable pattern so far though counting rows has slowed me down quite a bit. Perhaps someday I'll get myself a row counter.

Secondly, a striped Tomten jacket for my daughter:

I am pretty happy with this. I'm making it out of leftovers; had it been an "original" project I would have chosen different tones (or is it shades? I always get those confused) because they just don't seem to harmonize perfectly. If I had thought about it sooner I would have swatched for felting this and perhaps I still will. I love the look of a "boiled wool" jacket and it would be much more weatherproof.

And that's all that was worked on this week.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love the jacket! You are very good.
I saw some handmade knitted socks for sale at a gift shop last weekend, and I've got to say, yours are much superior.

Beth said...

Thank you!

I can't believe someone was actually selling handknit socks; how much were they charging? It takes me a LONG time to knit a sock.