Friday, December 22, 2006

Oh ladies! Fresh baklava!

I finally got the Christmas baklava made today. I think that my husband is probably appalled at the amount I've already eaten, but at least this year I have the excuse of being pregnant! I also made chocolate fudge. My fudge will never be as good as my grandmother's, it seems, though I try to remember that she's been making it for a few years longer than I have; maybe by the time I'm a grandmother I will have gotten it right....

Also finally, a photo of the finished Little Child's Socks (from Knitting Vintage Socks, in Lorna's Laces shepherd sock). The color is waaaay off, but you can see the neat texture pattern (click on the picture for a larger image).
The color is much more accurate in this progress picture:
I am very happy with these socks, though the Shepherd Sock seems so soft I'm not sure how well it will wear. Time will tell.

No comments: