Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Montholutions

Yes, I know that's not really a word.

Last year I made two resolutions: To pay off our car loan and to make six pairs of socks. And, for the first time ever, I achieved both my goals. (At least, I finished on January 2nd, which was close enough for me.)

There are so many things I want to do that I have decided to try "montholutions" - changing one thing per month, in hopes that by the end of the month it will have become habit so I'll continue doing it as I work on my new goal.

Yes, it's a bit late, but I've been debating over what I should resolve for February. Lowering our electric bill? Finishing some long-deserted project? Giving my bedroom a serious organizing?

I think that I will go with the organizing. It's something I really need to do, I've been motivated to work on it lately, and I decided to start with my bedroom because of something my friend Holly once said. I can't quote her exactly, but it was something along the lines of "One's bedroom should be a restful place, a peaceful refuge within the home." I sleep fine in my bedroom, but lately it has become more and more difficult to find things I need and to walk through the room in the dark. I'm embarrassed for anyone to come in and see the mess, and, most of all, for the past couple of months I get a sore throat if I don't close the closet door at night. I think that calls for some serious dustbusting.

Think how pleasant it will be for me to sit and knit in my newly reorganized bedroom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that sounds like a good goal for the month. If your dresser has as much clutter as mine, it will take at least that long to clear it off.