Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ordered photos online for the first time yesterday

Yesderday a friend told me that you could upload photos to Costco.com and could either have them mailed to you or you could go pick them up. Since we have about a million pictures of our daughter and I've had, oh, ten or so printed, I decided to give this service a try.

So last night I signed up, uploaded about fifty pictures and chose which size prints I wanted (you can order wallets, which I think is great). The prices are very reasonable, and the charge for shipping is minimal; I chose to pick up our prints since I needed to buy groceries anyway. This morning I got an e-mail saying that my order had been processed and to pick them up whenever.

I went to Costco about four hours later, and the girl couldn't find my envelope of pictures. After looking in vain for a few minutes she found that they were still being processed. Thankfully they were done in about ten minutes. Needless to say, I was unimpressed with the fact that my photos weren't ready after I had been told they were, but other than that I am very happy with the quality, the price, and the fact that I could get wallet-sized photos. I feel very comfortable recommending this service to people.

Oh, one more thing: I couldn't figure out how to alter my pictures (reduce red-eye and all that good stuff) on their website, but I must admit I didn't look very hard. But I think they should make it obvious.

1 comment:

Arevanye said...

I've used WalMart for uploading photos and it was pretty easy. I like their Christmas photo cards, because you can upload your shot, and preview how it will look in their bazillion frame choices, type in the greeting you want, and order as many as you want and they will have it ready in 24 hours. Great for us procrastinating card-senders. I know for sure that they have a crop option--don't know about the red eye.