Thursday, August 25, 2005

Insomnia

Now that I am over the literally-falling-over-from-exhaustion period of new motherhood, I suddenly can't sleep. I find myself lying awake at night, listening for my daughter to wake up and need me. She often makes noises in her sleep, and I am instantly on alert, waiting to see if they turn from "sleeping" noises to "awake" noises.

Perhaps it is because she is still so tiny and vulnerable; perhaps I am paranoid; perhaps I need her during the night more than she needs me. Is it possible to be too attuned to your infant?

3 comments:

Arevanye said...

Ah, she's lucky to have such an attentive mother!

Do you use a baby monitor? That was my downfall. I thought I wouldn't hear my daughter in the next room, so ended up hearing every snuffle and finger-sucking. I finally turned it off, because if she needed me she had no problem crying LOUDLY.

Kerry said...

You are making good job!
Keep up the super articles!

hydrocodone

Kate said...

Your site is very good!
Congratulations!

phentermine